Delivering SMHS Health Services
Click here to view the Summer 2013 edition of SMHS One Focus newsletter.
One Focus is designed to keep you informed about what is happening in the South Metropolitan Health Service and up-to-date on the major changes that are occurring over the next few years to prepare for the opening of Fiona Stanley Hospital. If you would like to subscribe please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Significant service and workforce reforms and infrastructure developments will help the South Metropolitan Health Service to meet the health care needs of a rapidly growing population - expected to be more than a million by 2020.
By delivering high quality, safe and effective hospital and health services to the Perth southern metropolitan community, SMHS aims to:
- Improve health outcomes for patients and the community
- Provide a positive patient experience
- Help make the patient's journey one that is as seamless as possible
- Give a continuum of patient care through enhancing community partnerships
- Integrate across professions, sites and services
- Provide training, development and career opportunities to SMHS staff
- Focus on innovation and excellence in the provision of evidence-based research and best practice
The changes include:
- Opening the Fiona Stanley Hospital - Western Australia's flagship health facility, in October 2014
- Continued growth and development of Armadale Kelmscott Memorial Hospital and Rockingham General Hospital as general hospitals
- Reconfiguration of services at Royal Perth Hospital and the transition of Bentley Hospital into a specialist hospital
- Relocation of tertiary components of the State rehabilitation service from Shenton Park Campus to the Fiona Stanley Hospital site
- Reconfiguration of the Fremantle Hospital and Health Service (FHHS) to provide specialist hospital services.
Strong area-wide and site-specific planning is essential to delivering future health services that remain patient-focussed, innovative, accessible, safe and sustainable.
The SMHS Clinical Services Plan 2012-2020 is a blueprint for how SMHS will deliver area-wide service models from 2014. It partners with the site-specific clinical services plans to inform the operational planning and transition of clinical services at each SMHS site in preparation for 2014 and beyond.
These plans are a key component of the extensive reconfiguration that SMHS has began and which will develop in coming years, with most actions taking place prior to, or coinciding with, the opening of Fiona Stanley Hospital in October 2014.
This plan outlines in detail all of the services provided across the South Metropolitan Health Service. It provides a blueprint for how SMHS will deliver area-wide service models from 2014.
These plans outline specifically, the services provided at hospital sites across the South Metropolitan Health Service. They work with the SMHS Clinical Service Plan 2012-2020.
- Armadale Kelmscott Memorial Hospital (PDF 1.8MB)
- Fiona Stanley Hospital (PDF 2.2MB)
- Fremantle Hospital and Health Service (PDF 1.6MB)
- Rockingham General Hospital(includes Peel) (PDF 1.8MB)
- Royal Perth Hospital Group (includes Bentley) (PDF 3MB)
Page last updated / reviewed 15 November, 2013
Page Owner: Manager, Corporate Communications